Sunday, June 8, 2014

Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill

I make salmon the exact same way every time. There are only so many ways you can make salmon when there are picky eaters in the house (and one of them is a grown man)!

This is a recipe I think my mom learned in cooking school, then taught it to her mother. My grandmother used to make it for most of her dinner occasions , so I thought it was her recipe until my mom spoke up, recently.

Disclaimer: I cook with "a little bit of this" and "add that till it tastes right," because I don't typically use processed food - and nature never, ever tastes the same twice. So even though this has mayo in it, there's still the dill and lemon which vary greatly depending on different factors. I'm taking a page out of my mom's book and throwing nonspecific measurements at you. So this is a "to taste" kind of recipe, for sure. Take the measurements lightly!

Ingredients:
* slab-o-(raw) salmon (I usually use 2-4 lbs so we have leftovers. This one is 3.5 lbs)

* 1 C mayonnaise. (If you can't make it yourself, get the kind with actual egg in it - the low fat junk has artificial WTF listed on the label and doesn't brown in the oven).

* Juice from 1/4-1/2 a lemon. (I like it tart, but you may not. Start small!)

* 3 Tbsp dried dill. Or more. Because I. Love. Dill.


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon, & dill. Stir until consistent, and dill is evenly distributed.3. Rinse your slab-o-salmon. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Grease a cookie sheet, put the salmon on it.
5. Spread the mayo mixture over the salmon. If the spread is thick, that's okay. More deliciousness.
6. Bake the salmon on the cookie sheet until the edges of the spread begin to brown. Should be about 20 minutes, more if you have more salmon.
Enjoy. My picky eaters sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment